Happy Friday everyone! This week has absolutely flown by for me as I had a lot of visitors this week! I am spending this summer at my mom’s home in Bismarck, North Dakota (for those of you don’t know) and I’ve been surprised at the number of friends and family that have visited or passed through in the last few weeks. It is fun to see them in a new place and it gives me an excuse to try new-to-me restaurants in the area. It has been a hot one in Bismarck with temps ranging from the mid 90s to 100 degrees and I’ve been enjoying the heat. I spend as much time as possible during the summer near the water and the canal in my mom’s backyard is a perfect place to sit with my toes dipped into the water to keep cool.
I’m headed to my hometown tonight to have a much needed girls weekend with my best friends. Lake time, wine, and loads of trashy tv are in order! Next weekend my brothers are coming to visit and it will be fun to have the whole pack together. There is so much outdoor space to explore in central North Dakota and I’m hoping to do some hiking with them.
This week’s roundup of what I have been loving has been largely beauty-based. I’ve become almost obsessive about trying new skincare products and improving my own routine. Do you have any recommendations for products that I should try? I’m all ears!
Catch up with Mags:
- I finally posted about my recent trip to London- be sure to catch it here!
- You can never go wrong with Gap basics- denim shorts + a cozy tee work every time
- I posed a question about travel in this thought-provoking post
- I cannot get enough of those London doorways!
Around the Web:
- An honest discussion about living with acne
- By now you know that Nordstrom’s big sale is going on but have you checked out the beauty selection? I’m dying to buy this Laura Mercier kit.
- Aimee has the best beauty and skincare tutorials and her Paris Fashion Week makeup makes me want to book a flight to Couture Week 2017 asap
- If you are like me, when Monday morning rolls around, I reach for the under eye concealer.
1. After weeks of reading about and looking at different kinds of highlighters, I settled on Glossier’s Haloscope in Quartz- I cannot wait for it to arrive!
2. I have struggled with how to reduce acne scarring from years of breakouts. I’ve been using this Mario Badescu mask for several weeks and can already see a difference!
3. With touchy skin I never seemed to find the right moisturizer that didn’t leave my skin feeling greasy, until now. Clinique, you are my hero!
4. Can’t afford Neulash lash serum? Try No7 ‘s serum for a fraction of the price!