After the long holiday weekend I spent much of the week catching up on sleep and work. I love taking weekend trips but never seem to sleep as well on the road as I do at home so the sleep debt struggle is real. It’s funny how one less work day can be both a blessing and a curse- I swear I have thought it was Tuesday every day this week (except when it actually was Tuesday).
This weekend I have decided to have no fixed plans. I love being busy but it often means that I push aside errands or personal hobbies to spend time with others. While I love being social, one of the things that I have been working on doing more of this year is taking time out for myself (queue weekend of no plans). I want to do things that I’ve been meaning to do for weeks like take a trip to a nearby lake or scout out new areas of town to photograph in. Who knows, maybe I will discover something new in the process of relaxing?
What do you like to do when you want to take time for yourself on a weekend?
Here’s what has been on my radar this week-
Catch up with Mags:
- I recapped my 4th of July weekend trip this week and shared an unexpected surprise from when I returned home.
- You can always find me by the nearest marina.
- Having a bit of fun on the beach over the weekend.
- Need healthy eating tips but don’t want to break the bank? This guide will help you eat well on a budget.
Around the Web:
- Are you a foodie with a (slightly) nerdy side? If so, you must subscribe to Bon Appetit magazine’s Foodcast. From interviews with the hottest chefs to discovering niche food markets in America, this podcast has it all for food-lovers.
- India’s first female professional surfer Ishita Malaviya talks about inspiring young girls to find their place in a male dominated sport here.
- One of my favorite bloggers, Julia, wrote this week about the importance of understanding perception versus reality on social media. She nailed it!
- Has anyone tried Caudalie beauty products? A friend recommended the brand to me and I am interested in trying it- this serum and tinted moisturizer look divine!
1. Patterned pieces can be tricky to pull off for me (I stick pretty closely to traditional things like stripes or polka dots) but this Palm print from Topshop makes me want to jump on a plane to Florida ASAP!
2. One of my tried and true wardrobe staples is white jeans/capris and I’m always on the lookout for tops that pair well with them- this gingham peplum top is affordable and another classic that won’t go out of style
3. I simply can’t get enough of the off the shoulder trend and this top is yet another reason to love it!
4. I have been looking for the perfect woven bag for ages and I’ve finally found it here.
Have a wonderful Friday and weekend!